Organisation: Learning Curve Group
You will be responsible for providing inspirational leadership to the Academies Team and driving the strategy for growth within the division ensuring a high-quality learning experience for all learners. You will support with strategic growth plans for the provision maximising opportunities in the local area. The post holder will also perform the role of designated safeguarding officer.
You will be responsible for providing inspirational leadership to the Academies Team and driving the strategy for growth within the division ensuring a high-quality learning experience for all learners. You will support with strategic growth plans for the provision maximising opportunities in the local are. The postholder will also perform the role of designated safeguarding officer.
You will need these important qualities:
- Excellent communication at all levels
- Self-motivated decision maker
- Adaptable and able to work under pressure with strong attention to detail.
- Good people skills for developing relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Relevant subject specific qualification to a minimum of Level 3
- Relevant teaching qualification at level 3 or above
- Level 2 numeracy and literacy (or GCE/GCSE equivalent)
- Experience of teaching and learning in a management role
- Experience of driving employer engagement
- A track record of positive outcomes against KPIs
- Demonstrable experience of sharing practice and resources
- Knowledge and experience of PFA audits and ESFA eligibility rules.
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritise conflicting demands, work under pressure and to targets.
- Knowledge of the education inspection framework
- Ability to analyse data effectively and use it to make informed decisions
- Strong communication, presentation and IT skills
- Ability to lead from the front, showing strong leadership skills, assertive and target focused.
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
Academy and People Management
- Manage and monitor the overall academy performance to maintain high standards of professionalism and quality of the provision, using agreed KPI’s to meet key company objectives.
- Develop and line manage Academy staff to ensure delivery of the provision is maintained to a high standard, with the provision fully staffed.
- Effectively manage team performance and underperformance through robust and timely reviews with the use of observation outcomes and RAG ratings where appropriate
- Ensure that all Tutors/Assessors maintain their CPD requirements in line with the guidelines as specified by the Awarding Body.
- Develop strategies and drive improvements in relation to learner attendance, retention, and achievement.
- Responsibility for producing daily/weekly/monthly reports in relation to academy performance and learner progress and report to the executive team where required.
- Support the Head of Functional Skills in the management of the functional skills scheduling and ensure all teaching staff participate in the classroom delivery of the functional skills.
- Contribute to the actions set out in the Quality Improvement Plan and ensure that it is disseminated to all Academy staff and that the QIP actions are delivered.
- Manage the review process ensuring that progress reviews are completed timely.
- Ensure that the academy is cost effective with monitoring and management of budgeted expenditure.
Employer and Student liaison
- Support the EEM with employer engagement activity including managing open days and employer visits.
- Support the implementation of improvement strategies resulting from the employer satisfaction surveys.
- Assist the EEM with recruitment of learners, reporting on profile targets and monitor outcomes.
- Manage the Learner Voice process to ensure that all learners complete the survey’s and report the outcomes in the monthly report and implement changes as agreed with the Academies Manager.
- Provide support for learners and impartial information, advice and guidance as required throughout their learning experience.
- Ensure that learners receive adequate ALS and reviews are carried out monthly.
Safeguarding and Prevent
- Perform the Designated Safeguarding Officer duties as required and ensure all staff within the Academy are aware of their Safeguarding responsibilities and escalation processes for reporting Safeguarding issues.
- Responsible to support the development of safeguarding and child protection policies, training and procedures and guidance for the Hair and Beauty Academies and to assist in the coordination of referrals, arranging action and reviewing services for children and young people and vulnerable adults.
- Encourage good practice across the Hair and Beauty Academies by promoting and championing the LCG Safeguarding policy and procedures.
- Support Lead Safeguarding Officers in completing professional assessments of need and risk
Quality & Compliance
- Work collaboratively with the Quality team to effectively monitor and manage all Academy provision, including performance management and audit compliance.
- Support the Lead IQA by contributing to the IQA strategy and schedule.
- Support the IQA with standardisation of the delivery of the Hairdressing and Beauty practical skills as required by the VRQ/NVQ/Apprenticeship standards and ensure Tutors deliver in accordance with agreed guidelines.
- Support IQA to ensure appropriate quality assurance checks are conducted within the curriculum area in line with Academy audit policies and procedures.
- Produce ad hoc reports as and when required.
- Maintain own CPD.
- Comply and follow all processes within the Health and Safety Policy
- Comply and follow all processes within the IT Policy and, Data Protection and Information Security Policy
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company.
- Always ensure the maintenance of confidentially and professionalism.
- It is essential that you have a commitment to behave in a way that meets our company values and that places the learner and their wellbeing at the heart of what you do
- Holidays – 26 days + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
For LCG to really transform lives through learning, it takes diversity of skills, knowledge culture and background. That’s why we're an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Learners are at the centre of everything we do so we are committed to safeguarding and promoting their welfare. If applicable, the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, provide satisfactory references and prove their eligibility to work in the UK.