Location Open Days:
Diploma for Hair Professionals (Barbering) Level 2Download our latest brochure packed with all the information you need to begin your journey as a barber.
Course OverviewImmediate start for this course!
Our courses start throughout the year so why wait!
The London Hairdressing Apprenticeship Academy (LHAA) is a dynamic and innovative vocational training organisation that specialises in high quality hairdressing and barbering training at one of our state of the art hairdressing academies in Borehamwood, Camden, Chiswick, Loughton and Croydon.
The LHAA offers high quality training in hairdressing and barbering. Each of our Academies is equipped with a state of the art training hairdressing and barbering salon and we offer training that is designed to deliver a real work based experience.
Our technical training team are all professional teaching staff from within the industry to ensure that the training reflects current trends and meets the needs of hairdressing salons and barber shops.
All the staff and hairdressing trainers are so supportive – they have found me a fantastic salon to work in which I love and I am really enjoying the training days at the Academy – The salon itself is fantastic. I’m having a great time and so glad I joined when I did.Yassi, Elstree & Borehamwood
Course Overview: To achieve a Hair Professional Apprenticeship, learners must successfully complete the following:
- The Diploma for Hair Professionals (Barbering) which is a work based qualification that is designed to ensure the Apprentice is job ready
- Functional Skills qualifications in English and maths
Apprentices on the Diploma for Hair Professionals (Barbering) will need to pass maths and English functional skills at level 1 but learners must also take the level 2 functional skills tests (even if they don’t pass them).
Learners who have achieved maths and English GCSE at grade A*-C (and GCSE Grade 4 and above) are exempted from functional skills.
You will also need to:
- Be well presented in all aspects including: clothing, hair and personal hygiene
- Be practical and well organised
- Be a good communicator with excellent social skills
- Have a good sense of humour and amicable nature whether dealing face to face with clients or speaking on the telephone
- Be willing to work flexible hours/days as agreed in the Apprenticeship employment contract
- Have a high degree of dexterity and coordination
- Be committed to the programme as we demand high standards of attendance, time-keeping and dedication
The Diploma for Hair Professionals (Barbering) programme is a mandatory part of the Apprenticeship standards for Hair Professionals and requires the following 6 units to be completed plus Apprentices must pass the final end- point assessment:
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Cutting hair using barbering techniques to create a variety of looks
- Style and finish men’s hair
- Cut facial hair into shape
- Shaving services
Apprentices will also learn and develop the following skills, knowledge and behaviors which are embedded within the barbering units:
- Professionalism and Values
- Behaviours and communication
- Safe working practices
The End-Point Assessment
The final unit includes a synoptic practical assessment carried out by an independent examiner where the apprentice will demonstrate he/she can complete a range of services on a number of models to industry standards and within commercial timings. The end-point assessment will be graded a Pass or Distinction.
For further information about our Academies in Camden, Chiswick, Croydon, Borehamwood and Loughton please contact us on 020 8953 9344 or email [email protected]
Our courses start throughout the year so why wait! I'd like to enquire about this course
Diploma for Hair Professionals (Barbering) Level 2
Please provide us with your details below and someone from the LHAA will get back to you shortly with more details in joining the course.
To register your interest in attending this open day complete the form below with ALL details and submit. Someone from the LHAA team will be in contact to confirm your attendance. Thank you for your interest.