Location Open Days:
Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing) Level 2Download our latest brochure packed with all the information you need to begin your journey as a hairdresser.
Course OverviewImmediate start for this course!
Our courses start throughout the year so why wait!
The Learning Curve Group Hair & Beauty Academy is a dynamic and innovative vocational training organisation that specialises in high quality hairdressing and barbering training at one of our state of the art hairdressing academies in Borehamwood, Camden, Chiswick, Croydon and Loughton.
The LCG Hair & Beauty Academy offers high quality training in hairdressing and barbering. Each of our Academies is equipped with a state of the art training hairdressing and barbering salon and we offer training that is designed to deliver a real work based experience.
Our training educators are all professional teaching staff, with years of commercial experience and high end knowledge of the industry. We ensure that training reflects current trends and meets the needs of hairdressing salons.
The training I have received at the LCG Hair & Beauty Academy was excellent - within 6 months my hairdressing skills were really good. My Salon Owner was so impressed that he allowed me to work on clients doing blow-dries, preparing for colour and I have even done the hair for a wedding party.Robyn, Elstree & Borehamwood
Out of 199 entries, 96% of apprentices successfully passed their end point assessment, with over a quarter achieving a distinction.
Course Overview: To achieve a Hair Professional Apprenticeship, learners must successfully complete the following:
- The Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing) is a work based qualification that is designed to ensure the Apprentice is salon ready once they complete their qualification
- If you haven’t already obtained GCSEs in maths and English, you will be required to complete Functional Skills qualifications in maths and English
- Apprentices on the Diploma for Hair Professionals will need to pass maths and English functional skills at level 1 but learners must also take the level 2 functional skills tests (even if they don’t pass them).
You will also need to:
- Be well presented in all aspects including: clothing, hair and personal hygiene
- Be practical and well organised
- Be a good communicator with excellent social skills
- Have a good sense of humour and amicable nature whether dealing face to face with clients or speaking on the telephone
- Be willing to work flexible hours/days as agreed in the Apprenticeship employment contract
- Have a high degree of dexterity and coordination
- Be committed to the programme as we demand high standards of attendance, time-keeping and dedication
The Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing) consists of 6 units, which will provide the learner with both practical and theory knowledge to ensure they are ready to pass the final end-point assessment:
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques
- Style and finish hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Hair Extension Services
Apprentices will also learn and develop the following skills, knowledge and behaviours which are embedded within the hairdressing units:
- Professionalism and Values
- Behaviours and communication
- Safe working practices
The final unit is the End Point Assessment, which includes a practical assessment carried out by an external examiner where the apprentice will demonstrate they can complete a range of services on a number of models to industry standards and within commercial timings. The end-point assessment will be graded a Pass or Distinction.
For further information about our Academies in Borehamwood, Camden, Chiswick, Croydon, Loughton and please contact us on 020 8953 9344 or email BeautyAcademy@learningcurvegroup.co.uk
Our courses start throughout the year so why wait! I'd like to enquire about this course
Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing) Level 2
Please provide us with your details below and someone will get back to you shortly with more details.
To register your interest in attending this open day complete the form below with ALL details and submit. Someone from the team will be in contact to confirm your attendance. Thank you for your interest.