By the time you read this, Christmas Day will either be tantalisingly close or disappearing rapidly in the rear-view mirror. Either way, it will soon be time to dust off the lyrics to ‘Auld Lang Syne’ and make your New Year’s resolutions a reality.
Yes, we know, everything seems possible during the festive season but, unless you’ve got exceptionally strong willpower, keeping those resolutions alive past the first few days or weeks of January is easier said than done. However, if your new year’s resolution is to follow your hairdressing dream and become an apprentice at the LHAA, please don’t let it fade away. If you have the passion, we can help your 2018 dream come true.
There’s a very good reason why hairdressing regularly tops the polls of the world’s happiest careers. It’s a dynamic, exciting industry that’s focused on everybody’s ‘feel good factor’, and once you’ve graduated with your LHAA qualification there’s a whole world of possibilities to choose from – you could work in a salon, spa, or for yourself… you could travel the globe or be a session stylist on a high fashion photo shoot… you could work behind the scenes in movies or television and make your favourite stars look their very best… or you could work in the community, using your skills to put smiles on the faces of people who need them most. And those are only a few of the options that are available to you.
So, what are the five secrets to becoming a successful hairdresser?
- Learn from the best and keep on learning! It’s not enough to have boundless imagination, you need the technical skills to match.
- Stay inspired – because you never know where your next stylish idea will come from.
- Stay positive – because a great attitude won’t only get you through the tough times, it will also bring more clients through your door.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes – nobody gets better by staying in their comfort zone, especially where hairdressing is concerned.
- Value your identity – there’s a reason your clients keep coming back, and that’s because you make them look and feel better than any other stylist can. Even if you’re just doing a simple cut or colour, never underestimate the importance of your own personality.
So where do you start?
Well, here at the LHAA, your enthusiasm and willingness to learn are far more valuable than any academic qualifications you may or may not possess. As an apprentice you’ll not only earn as you learn, you’ll also have the support of one of our fabulous salon partners. So, before you even begin your training with us, you’ll have a guaranteed income and an employer who is focused on your success. Being an apprentice isn’t an easy option – it involves a lot of hard work and a huge amount of determination and commitment – but if you can aspire to excellence we’ll take you the rest of the way.
And the best news of all? You don’t have to risk watching your resolutions fade before you become a LHAA apprentice. With five academies across London, apprenticeship opportunities are available at any time of year. Just get in touch and start your journey.