Website Usage Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Learning Curve Group Hair & Beauty Academy’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Glade House, 52 Carter Lane, London EC4V 5EF. Our company registration number is 07710651. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites. Our cookies help us:
· Make our website work as you'd expect
· Improve the speed/security of the site
· Continuously improve our website for you
· Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
· Pass data to advertising networks
· Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
· Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
More about our cookies
- Strictly necessary cookies These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around this website and use its features, such as logging in to apply for courses. Without these cookies these services cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for example which pages are the most popular, how long people spend on the site and whether they receive error messages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor; all the information is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used in order to improve how a website works. If you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics you can install their opt-out browser add-on.
- Functionality cookies These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as user-names) and information you've provided (such as applications in progress). This gives a more personal feel to the site and improves usability. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track browsing activity on other sites.
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (more information on how to do this is available here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our's and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
Data Retention Policy
This policy sets out what information Learning Curve Group Hair & Beauty Academy holds, how long we hold it for and when it will be deleted.
It also covers the procedure to follow regarding data requests.
- Information held by us
- How long is personal data held for?
- Where is personal data held?
- How is personal data deleted?
- Access to personal information, correction and deletion
INFORMATION HELD BY US
We hold personal information about:
- Clients / Models
- Former Learners and prospective Learners
- Former clients/Models and prospective clients/Models
- Employees and past Employees
- Employer Co-Investment / Levy contributions
- Job applicants
We also hold information about financial transactions relating to the above as necessary or legally required to do so eg services or treatments provided, products, payroll information, learner enrolment and achievement and certification data. We will hold medical information pertaining only to client/learner use only for the periods shown below or as required by law or as required by The Skills Funding Agency.
HOW LONG IS PERSONAL DATA HELD FOR?
We aim not to hold personal data longer than necessary. Unless requested by an individual, the following types of data will be held for the periods shown below, after which it will be securely deleted or destroyed:
TYPE OF INFORMATION
Client general records
Client health records
Financial transactions, invoices and supplier details
Employee records, contracts of employment, changes to terms and conditions, annual leave, training records
While employment continues and up to 6 years after employment ends
Payroll and wage records including PAYE, income tax, national insurance, sick pay, redundancy payments
6 years from the financial year-end in which payments were made
3 years after the end of the tax year in which the maternity pay period ends
Employer Financial transactions
Job applications (unsuccessful)
6 months after notifying unsuccessful candidates
One year from the end of the month in which they were received or sent unless a longer period is relevant as above. Emails to and from ex-employees or contractors will be deleted within 6 weeks of them leaving unless these form part of the employment record – see above.
WHERE IS PERSONAL DATA HELD?
Personal data about clients, financial transactions and employees are held on our secure servers which are backed up every day which can be accessed only by the Managing Director.
Paper records are held in a locked cabinet or in secure archive storage.
HOW IS PERSONAL DATA DELETED?
Personal data is permanently deleted in accordance with the retention periods listed above from:
- Electronic files
- Paper records, which are securely shredded.